A family friendly event with 5K, 10K, and Fun Run races being held at Koka Booth Amphitheatre! Kids 5 & Under may participate for FREE but $10 donation requested to support The Carying Place mission.
Our Mission: The Carying Place teaches homeless, working families with children life skills for attaining independent living while providing short-term housing and support services to address their individual needs. To date, we have worked with over 400 families with near 80% success; current program supports eight families living in apartments or town homes owned or leased by TCP.
Our goal is to help working homeless families achieve independent living through mentoring of volunteers providing weekly guidance in managing personal finances, seeking permanent affordable housing, and maintaining a job – breaking the cycle of poverty they have experienced.
All runners in the 5K and 10K will get a Race for Home shirt (guaranteed until August 23rd, while supplies last thereafter) and all runners will get a finishers medal. * Shipping included for virtual races.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
The Race for Home is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving pandemic situation any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the race. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Final race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the in-person race. Additional updates may be sent up to the morning of the in-person race.
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
Race Location: Koka Booth Amphitheater (8003 Regency Pkwy., Cary, NC 27518). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.)
Course Information: The course is around the roads and trails of Symphony Lake and Koka Booth Amphitheatre; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately. Cary PD reserves the right to alter the course on race day to preserve runner safety and traffic control that may alter race distances.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 6.5 Mile, or Fun Run. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets. Participants may pickup packets for others if they have a screenshot or photocopy of their photo ID.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM. Sign up through the link in the menu!
Race Souvenirs: All 10K and 5K participants will receive a Race for Home shirt (guaranteed until August 23rd, while supplies last thereafter) and all runners will get a finishers medal. * In-person race packets will not be shipped and will only be available on race day!
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports and Fit & Able Productions. All awards will be mailed or emailed to their recipients the week after the race. Save your Race for Home bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on September 5th at 6 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
* Final virtual race information will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the virtual race window. Additional updates may be sent up to the end of the virtual race window.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy (completely optional!), which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: All virtual 10K and 5K participants will receive a Race for Home shirt (guaranteed until August 23rd, while supplies last thereafter) and all runners will get a finishers medal. * Virtual race packets will be shipped! ** Breakable items cannot be shipped but can be picked up at the in-person race; a non-breakable finishers gift will be substituted for shipped packets if needed.
Packet Pick-up: Race packet shipping is included with virtual race registration. Virtual race participants may also pick up their packets at the in-person race. * All virtual race packets will be shipped the week following the in-person race.
Awards: Awards are provided by Fit & Able Productions. All awards will be emailed to their recipients the week after the race. Save your Race for Home bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on September 6th at 10 AM.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Race for Home Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Race for Home theme!), then please send your suggestion to email@example.com and we will check it out!
The Race for Home and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for The Carying Place Labor Day Race for Home.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Race Anywhere You Want!
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.